Travelling has always been a lot of fun and requires some preparation especially in this mobile age where looking after your mobile / laptop accessories is as important as carrying your personal accessories including perfumes, shaving cream and toothbrushes not to forget night thongs.
Travel insurance is vital for having a safe and enjoyable travel experience. Travel insurance can cover you for financial losses caused by a wide range of events that can affect your trip, whether they occur before, during or even after your trip. Most travel insurers offer policies that cover families and couples, and some also offer multi-trip and annual policies for frequent travellers.
Once the tickets, stay, insurance is sorted out its time to sit down and look at the accessories required to stay connected and use all the gadgets. I have learnt that there is no point in leaving the house without these 5 products while travelling.
- Power bank: How many times we have ended up with a phone with no charge and missing the important call or the photograph we wanted to take desperately. Advances in a product developed has given us access to a lipstick-sized power bank or a 10,000 mah larger power bank to charge phones and tablets at the same time. Can't imaging travelling without these power banks and they have been a lifesaver a few times.
- Portable speaker: Who doesn’t love their music? This small speaker is power-packed and comes with a rechargeable battery that could last up to 3 hours. It is so easy to carry your favourite music around now and unwind. To add to the other cool features, the speaker has a microphone to take that occasional phone call just in case. The speaker connects via Bluetooth.
- Selfie stick: Selfie sticks are an amazing sub $40 product that has changed the way people look at taking photos. It's like a companion to take pictures anytime anywhere. Now we don't have to request a passerby to take a photo, it's just a click away. Don’t forget to pack one in your bag when you travel next time.
- Fitness watch: Fitness watches are a new form of wearable accessories to keep yourself fit and active. The watch is capable of connecting to the phone via Bluetooth, measure heartbeat/pulse, calories lost and record activity. The watch would remind you of doing any activity every 30 mins. So keep active and connected.
- Charging cable: It is so common that the charging cables are lost, damaged and shared (not returned), leaving the user with a phone/tablet without any charge. It might sound funny, but it's always a good idea to carry a couple of spare cables in your travellers kit to avoid those situations.
- Noise-cancelling headsets: Couldn't help mentioning this one. I know it’s the 6th product we only said top 5. Ear pods help you enjoy your music and mediate listening to your music within your personal space. Definitely keep one handy if you use public transport, walk a lot. They are very handy during a telephone conversation.